Thursday, August 14

Tan + Chan

When I tell people I am dating someone they always ask how we met.
I have told the story a hundred times. But I fall more in love with Tanner every time. 

This is our story of how we became Tan & Chan.

-Spring 2013- was when I met Tanner Holmes. 
One day in the library on campus I started chatting with this stylish girl named McCall. We exchanged numbers and promised to hang out soon. A few weeks later she asked if I wanted to be set up on a blind date with her friend, Tanner. I was freaked out having never done this before but agreed to the date.

A few days before the date, I ran into her again in the library while she was sitting with Tanner. I came over and awkwardly shook Tanner's hand and introduced myself. 

Tanner was HILARIOUS right from the beginning telling stories from his mission and childhood. 
For the blind date 6 of us went paddle boarding in a lake in Rexburg.

I AM NOT COORDINATED. 

I was terrified that I would drown or worse embarrass myself. But the church is true because I did not fall in once! We had a great time talking about our families and how I ran over Hannah with a car.
(He loved that story.)
After the date I assumed I would never see this Tanner fellow again. It was the end of the semester and it seemed like he wanted to just be friends.

-Fall 2013- started with an awkward side hug at I-Night and the rest was history!
Tanner & I started hanging out from day one with all our roommates and friends combined.

A couple weeks into school Tanner & I became best friends, peeling off from the group. Soon people questioned the nature of our relationship. The had every reason to question it, we were practically dating!
On October 28th after hanging out in the MC all day Tanner called me on my way home and asked me out!
I came home, threw myself on the carpet face down and screamed to my roommates. They excitedly sang love songs and jumped around the room, knowing how much I liked Tanner. 

I have never been more //nervous// in my entire life but also never more //excited.//

On November 1st we ventured on our "first" official date which ended up being 10 hours long! 

On November 14th (the third date) We kissed for the first time at the dunes and soon after Tanner asked me to be his girlfriend! We continued to date the rest of November and December until the end of the semester. 

I am on the Fall/Spring track at B Y U- Idaho so I go home from January---April. So long-distance was the name of the game for Tanner & I. 
After skype dates and phone calls everyday for 4 LOOONNNGG months we were reunited Spring semester.


It has been months of bliss with my Tanner Holmes and I am looking forward to many, many more. 

 
















2 comments:

  1. I hope & actually pray that doors will continue to open for you 2. I see a very happy young man out here in the wild, wild west. I love your matching smiles & I'd say your happiness matches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! My favorite part was "I came home, threw myself on the carpet face down and screamed to my roommates. They excitedly sang love songs and jumped around the room" haha, such a fun story to read. I just can't wait to meet him! Hurry up October! Also Morgan is sitting right here and said, "Awww!", when you said, "my Tanner Holmes" :)

    ReplyDelete